Urban Resource Management
Sheltair helps public and private sector clients to contribute to local and global sustainability through resource management planning. We develop triple bottom line business cases for strategic decision making, identify areas of previously un-quantified environmental impact, and compare options through a multiple attribute trade-off process.
Our specialized expertise in this area includes:
- Air Quality Management: helping communities develop a community-based approach to manage air quality. This includes:
- Quantifying potential air quality benefits from current and proposed initiatives.
- Developing community-based processes to engages stakeholders, including consultation and communication strategies.
- Water Demand Side Management: helping communities identify best practices and options for implementing water demand side management programs. This includes the development of business plans designed for the implementation of incentives-based water efficiency programs
- Life-Cycle Assessment (LCA): helping our clients understand the full range of upstream and downstream impacts of their infrastructure decisions. Our technical expertise in LCA’s includes comparing industrial process options, evaluating municipal wastewater management systems, and comparing electricity generation options.
- Waste Management: helping communities identify opportunities to increase their diversion of solid waste. This includes:
- Evaluating best practices in solid waste management
- Developing recommendations on ways to increase solid waste diversion